Tuesday 30 April 2013

track 025 - coffee and letters

It's been a while! I have been extremely busy and stressed out with school lately, and haven't written a lot of letters, or at least not ones that look pretty enough to show over here. I sometimes resort to ready-made stationery, too..! However, I have received lovely, lovely mail as demonstrated here:


I'll post some more pictures tomorrow, since the battery of my camera died, had to be charged and now there's not enough light anymore to take decent photos! But just let me tell you... it's ALL SO WONDERFUL!

The green envelope you see is from Mickey, who included something very precious, which you'll see later (yes, I'm a tease). I figured that the reply required some special stationery, so I decided to give coffee a try. Now, normally I'm a tea person through and through... but when it comes to aging paper, coffee is the way to go! There are plenty of tutorials out there on the wide web on how to do this yourself, but here's my method very briefly:

1. Brew strong instant coffee.
2. Apply on letter paper with wide brush.
3. Add blotches/splatters/lines/ whatever your heart desires.
4. Let dry, or, if you're impatient like me, blow carefully with hair dryer.

Ta-dah!




8 comments:

  1. Nice mail Anni :) I already started writing your letter (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You got my letter! I've been checking back here since I sent it to be sure, I thought it might have been lost in the post but I'm super glad to see you got it!
    I adore this blog by the way, getting lots of inspiration for pretty post! <3 :)
    -Bee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it made my day! I loveloveloveloveLOVED the bookmark you included, it was super awesome - it'll get its place in the spotlight here on the blog as soon as I can be arsed to photograph all the mail. I'm glad you like the blog, it inspires myself to make more of an effort too!!

      Delete
  3. It´s a really nice idea :D I will do it in future ^^ Are you looking for more penpals? let me know this is my blog: www.postingmylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a perfect example of a coffee's antifan, so done by me these envelopes and papers would seem hypocritical... XD Still, they look very good. And your calligraphy is stunning <3

    Hugs,
    Michi (from LEP!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous mail! :) --Ashley from LEP.

    ReplyDelete